Draft Naas Local Area Plan 2021-2027
Proposed Material Alterations
Notice is hereby given, pursuant to Section 20(3)(e) of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended), that Kildare County Council has prepared Proposed Material Alterations to the Draft Naas Local Area Plan 2021-2027.
In accordance with Section 20(3)(f) of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended), Kildare County Council has screened the Proposed Material Alterations and has determined that a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) is required for some proposed material alterations and an Appropriate Assessment is not required for the proposed material alterations. In this regard, the following documents have been prepared and will be published with the proposed material alterations and will be available for inspection:
- A SEA Environmental Report pursuant to the SEA Directive and Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004-2011.
- A Screening Report for the purposes of Appropriate Assessment (AA) pursuant to the EU Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended).
- An addendum to the Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA).
A copy of the Proposed Material Alterations and associated SEA, AA and SFRA documents will be on public display and may be inspected from Friday, 23 July 2021 to Monday, 23 August 2021 inclusive during normal opening hours at the following locations:
- Planning Office, Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare during opening times of 9:30 a.m.– 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday (closed Bank Holidays). In accordance with public health advice, appointments must be booked in advance at http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/OnlineBookingSystem/ and face coverings must be worn in public buildings.
- At Kildare County Council’s Consultation Portal: https://consult.kildarecoco.ie/en/browse
Written submissions or observations with respect to the Proposed Material Alterations to the Draft Naas Local Area Plan and associated documents may be made within the above period and before 4:00 p.m. on Monday, 23 August 2021. Written submissions or observations should be clearly marked ‘Proposed Material Alterations to the Draft Naas Local Area Plan 2021-2027’ and must be submitted either:
- Online, through the submission form facility available on Kildare County Council’s Consultation Portal: https://consult.kildarecoco.ie/ ,
- By post to: Senior Executive Officer, Planning Department, Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare.
Please make your submission by one medium only, i.e. online or hard copy. Any submission or observation should state your name, address and where relevant, the body or organisation represented. E-mail and fax submissions will not be accepted.
All submissions or observations with respect to the Proposed Material Alterations to the Draft Naas Local Area Plan 2021-2027 and associated documents will form part of the statutory Chief Executive’s Report to the Elected Members. Only submissions or observations made in respect of the proposed material alterations and accompanying documents (including submissions relating to the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the proposed material alterations) will be taken into consideration before the making of any material alteration to the Draft Local Area Plan. Submissions or observations in relation to any other aspects of the Draft Local Area Plan cannot be considered at this stage in the process.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF SUBMISSIONS: 4:00 p.m. on Monday, 23 August 2021.
Late submissions will not be accepted.