librarys Banner
Kildare Collections
and Research Services
Default text size Large text size Extra large text size High contrast text


Local Studies Department

Lewis's Topographical Dictionary 1837

Towns & Villages
MYLERSTOWN

MYLERSTOWN, a parish, in the barony of CARBERY, county of KILDARE, and province of LEINSTER, 2 miles (E.) from Edenderry, on the road to Kinnegad; containing 874 inhabitants. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Kildare, forming part of the union of Carbery; the rectory is impropriate in the Marquess of Downshire. The tithes amount to £73.13.10¼., of which £53.2.7. is payable to the impropriator, and the rest to the vicar. In the R.C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Cadamstown. In a private school at Calfstown about 50 children are taught. Balinderry House is the residence of the Misses Tyrrell. There are some ruins of an ancient castle.

Return to Towns & Villages