librarys Banner
Kildare Collections
and Research Services
Default text size Large text size Extra large text size High contrast text


Local Studies Department

Lewis's Topographical Dictionary 1837

Towns & Villages
DONOGHMORE

DONOGHMORE, a parish, in the barony of NORTH SALT, county of KILDARE, and province of LEINSTER, 2 miles (E.) from Maynooth, on the road to Dublin, and on the banks of the Royal Canal, including part of the demesne of Carton, the seat of His Grace the Duke of Leinster. It is in the diocese of Dublin: one-half of the rectory is appropriate to the prebend of Kilmactalway in the cathedral church of St. Patrick, Dublin, and the other forms part of the union of Celbridge; the tithes amount to £17, payable in moieties to the prebendary and the incumbent. In the R. C. divisions it forms also part of the union or district of Celbridge. The ruins of the church are situated on the bank of the canal.

Return to Towns & Villages