librarys Banner
Kildare Collections
and Research Services
Default text size Large text size Extra large text size High contrast text


Local Studies Department

Lewis's Topographical Dictionary 1837

Towns & Villages
DAVIDSTOWN

DAVIDSTOWN, a parish, in the barony of NARRAGH and RHEBAN, county of KILDARE, and province of LEINSTER, 4½ miles (S. S. W.) from Kilcullen, on the road from Dublin to Athy; containing 1464 inhabitants. It is principally under tillage. The rectory is appropriate to the see of Kildare, and the parish, which is in the diocese of Dublin, forms part of the impropriate curacy of Kilcullen: the tithes amount to £199. 7. 4. In the R. C. divisions it is within the union or district of Crookstown, called also Narraghmore. There is a school at Calverstown under the Trustees of Erasmus Smith's charity, in which are about 30 boys and 40 girls.

Return to Towns & Villages