« Co. Kildare Online Electronic History Journal Home »


TONE HOUSE, NAAS

Leinster Leader 11 August 1984
Tone House
A public house once owned by Wolfe Tone was the subject of a licensing appilcation at Naas Circuit Court.
James McLoughlin was granted a licence for an extension to the Wolfe Tone lounge at Naas. Mr. Cassidy, Counsel for the applicant told Judge Roe, he understood Wolfe Tone once owned the premises. It was conveyed to him in 1795 and held in trust under a marriage settlement.

Grace's public house on North Main Street, Naas, was once owned by Wolfe Tone


Powered by
Movable Type 3.2