#Climate Resilient Kildare
Climate change is recognised as a global challenge with policy responses required in terms of both mitigating the causes of climate change and in adapting to the inevitable consequences of our changing climate. The Climate Change Adaptation Strategy represents a proactive step by Kildare County Council in the process of adaptation planning to build resilience and respond effectively to the threats posed by climate change.
Purpose of the Strategy:
The Climate Change Adaptation Strategy takes on the role as the primary instrument at local level to:
(i) Ensure a proper comprehension of the key risks and vulnerabilities of climate change
(ii) Bring forward the implementation of climate resilient actions in a planned and proactive manner and,
(iii) Ensure that climate adaptation considerations are mainstreamed into all plans and policies and integrated into all operations and functions of Kildare County Council.
The strategy, SEA and AA screening reports may be viewed on the Council’s website: http://kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/ClimateAction/ or inspected during the period (4 weeks) from Tuesday, 11 June 2019 to Tuesday, 9 July 2019 (both dates inclusive) at the following locations during normal business hours:
- Environment Department (Level 6), Kildare County Council, at the address below
- Local libraries in Athy, Ballitore, Castledermot, Celbridge, Clane, Clocha Rince, Kilcock, Kilcullen, Kildare Town, Leixlip, Maynooth, Monasterevin, Naas, Newbridge and Rathangan.
- The adaptation strategy, SEA screening report and AA screening report may also be viewed on the Government Public Consultations Portal at; https://gov.ie/consultations
Making a Submission:
Submissions or observations may be made:
- by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- in writing to Senior Executive Officer, Environment Department, Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas
Submissions or observations should state your name, address and where relevant the organisation/body etc. represented. Please make your submission by one medium only i.e. email or post/hard copy.
Any written submissions or observations received within the timeframe will be taken into consideration before the making of the strategy.
Closing date for receipt of a submission / observation is 4.00 p.m. on Tuesday, 9 July 2019