Under 8 Kynog United V Sallins

Kynog Utd 4 - 2 Sallins Celtic
Even with a heavy pitch, both teams served up an excellent game of football. The opening exchanges were fairly even with neither goalkeeper forced to make a save as the ball spent long periods in midfield as both teams tried to impose themselves on the match by passing the ball through the other team. Kynog were pressing for the opening goal when Sallins broke quickly and Daniel Sullivan ran on to a through ball to calmly slot home and give his team the lead. Kynog stepped up their efforts and took control of the game and after missing a couple of chances, found the equaliser when the ball broke to Josh Harris at the edge of the box, and his powerful shot found the net. Kynog were flying now and edged themselves in front when Joshua Lee pounced on a loose pass and drove into the Sallins box before finishing well. Sallins were under pressure now, despite the best efforts of Padraig Ennis whose tussle with Josh Harris in midfield made enthralling viewing, and they could have gone further behind when Shane O'Connor of Kynog was bundled over in the box, but his well struck penalty left the crossbar shaking. Kynog were not to be denied however and it was a great passing move that started with Justin Reilly in defence and ended with Joshua Lee unmarked at the back post and he coolly slammed the ball home to take Kynog into half-time two goals up.
As the teams kicked off for the second half, Sallins started strongly and pushed Kynog back, and defenders Ben O'Haire and Sean Hanafey had to make some vital tackles as Sallins looked for a way back into the match. Kynog were under pressure but still looked dangerous on the break and Ciaran Casey was unlucky when his powerful shot drifted past the post. With Aaron Dalton driving Sallins on, it took some smart goalkeeping from Alex Connolly to keep Sallins out. With Sallins throwing everything at Kynog, they found themselves short at the back and Shane O'Connor ran onto a through ball to slide the ball home and put the match beyond Sallins. To their credit, Sallins didn't give up and Mikey Dalton got a second goal for Sallins finishing well from just inside the box. In the end, Kynog deserved their win, but the most pleasing aspect of this match was the standard of the passing football that was being played.