Expressions of Interest Notice
Kildare County Council is seeking Expressions of Interest from Private Developers, Building Contractors, Landowners and Approved Housing Bodies who have sites with planning permission, partially completed developments or completed/turn-key developments in Celbridge, Clane, Kilcullen, Leixlip, Maynooth, Monasterevin, Naas, Newbridge, Sallins, County Kildare.
Expressions of Interest will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Value for money.
- Units to be delivered by the 30 November 2021.
- Proposed housing mix with reference to social housing need in relevant town. As a general guide the social need in the county is generally as follows:
1 Bed 38%
2 Bed 34%
3 Bed 25%
4 Bed 3%
Specific details with respect to each town can be discussed in relation to each proposed site, and current planning status.
- Location of development relative to available public services/utilities, public transport and amenities.
- Quality of site and unit design with reference to:
- Quality Housing for Sustainable Communities: Best Practice Guidelines for Delivering Homes Sustaining Communities;
- Sustainable Urban Housing: Design Standards for New Apartments Guidelines for Planning Authorities;
- Design Manual for Urban Roads and Streets (DMURS).
The Expressions of Interest form can be downloaded at http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/AllServices/Housing/ExpressionsofInterest/
Submissions should be marked “Expressions of Interest – Kildare County Council Social Housing” and should be returned together with details of Planning Permission Reference, site location map, site layout map, house types, house drawings, completed 2020 Turn-key Specification and completed design assessment template with indicative costs/price to Mary McCarthy, Housing Capital, Level 5, Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare or emailed to email@example.com by Friday, 11 December 2020.
Kildare County Council will review the submitted Expressions of Interest and may engage with parties where Expressions of Interest are considered to merit further discussion.
Kildare County Council is not bound by the Expressions of Interest submitted by any party.
Kildare County Council is subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act. If parties submitting an Expression of Interest consider that any of the information supplied is either commercially sensitive or confidential in nature, this should be highlighted in the submission and the reasons for its sensitivity specified. In such cases, the relevant material will, in response to FOI requests, be examined in light of exemptions provided for in the FOI Act.