045 980 705
To request an inspection of your private rented property contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
This section contains a list of Prohibition Notices served under the Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1992 as inserted by the Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009.
Failure to comply with the minimum standards can result in penalties and prosecution. Kildare County Council can issue Improvement Notices and Prohibition Notices to landlords who breach the minimum standards regulations. An Improvement Notice sets out the works that the landlord must carry out to remedy a breach of the regulations. If the landlord does not do these works, Kildare County Council may issue a Prohibition Notice, directing the landlord not to re-let the property until the breach of the regulations has been rectified. A Prohibition Notice is served when the housing authority is of the opinion that a landlord has failed to comply with an Improvement Notice served on them. The Prohibition Notice directs the landlord not to re-let the private rented house for rent or other valuable consideration until the contraventions to which the Improvement Notice relates have been remedied.
Where a landlord re-lets a private rented house in breach of a Prohibition Notice, they may be prosecuted and on conviction, may be subject to a fine not exceeding €5,000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or both, along with a daily fine of €400 for a continuing offence (together with orders for the costs and expenses of the investigation, detection and prosecution of the offence, which may be considerable).
Prohibition Notices - Section 18B Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1992 (as amended)
1. 23 Rosconnell Ave, Newbridge, Co. Kildare - Issue Date 19/06/2018
2. Apt 11 Ard Aoibhinn, Craddockstown, Naas, Co. Kildare - Issue Date 26/04/2018
3. 19 Offaly St, Athy, Co. Kildare - Issue Date 30/07/2018
4. 1 Beech Road, Connell Drive, Newbridge, Co. Kildare - Issue Date 20/09/2018
5. 262 Downings Cross, Prosperous, Naas, Co Kildare - Issue Date 19/12/2018
6. 88 Branswood, Athy, Co Kildare - Issue Date 09/11/2018
7. 2 The Oaks, Priory Court, Kildare town, Co. Kildare - Issue Date 17/12/2018
8. 20 Watercress Manor, Newbridge Co Kildare - Issue Date 05/04/2019.
9. 1A Sallins Wharf, Sallins, Co Kildare. issued on 26/07/2019
10. Flat 1, 5 William Street, Athy, Co Kildare R14 YD34. Issue date 21/06/2019
11. Flat 2, 5 William Street, Athy, Co Kildare R14 YD34 - Issue date 21/06/2019
12. Flat 3, 5 William Street, Athy, Co Kildare R14 YD34 - Issue date 21/06/2019
13. Flat 4, 5 William Street, Athy, Co Kildare R14 YD34 - Issue date 21/06/2019
14. 74 Sunnyhill, Castlemartin Lodge, Kilcullen Co Kildare R56 WR66 - Issue date 24/10/2019
15. 938 Ballysax, The Curragh Co Kildare R56 K036 - Issue date 30/10/2019
16. 188 The Walled Gardens, Castletown, Celbridge Co Kildare W23 XD70 - Issue date 26/11/2019
17. 67 Morristown Estate, Newbridge, Co. Kildare, W12 XN84, issue date - 18/09/2020
18. Flat 3, The Rising Sun, Brownstown, The Curragh, Co Kildare Issue date - 28/07/2020
19. 5 Duff Terrace(middle side door, 2nd property from front), Brownstown, The Curragh, Co Kildare R56 A336, issue date - 06/11/2020
20. 5 Duff Terrace(property at rear), Brownstown, The Curragh, Co Kildare R56 A336, issue date - 06/11/2020
21. 5 Duff Terrace(3rd property from front), Brownstown, The Curragh, Co Kildare R56 A336, issue date - 06/11/2020